Maxp Falcon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Here we are another backpack, it is in Woodland Camo

The MAXPEDITION Falcon (#0503) has all of the best features of a small hunting pack or day pack, plenty of room for an overnighter, and is rock solid throughout. It has modular attachment webbing all over to attach your favorite MAXPEDITION pockets using Malice Clips. This multi-layered backpack features padded, high-breathability shoulder straps with 1.25” webbing, ergonomic contours, and superb load carrying comfort. It features an external sleeve for a 72 oz. bladder; a secondary bladder may be inserted into one of two large compartments. The Falcon pack contains five large, independent zippered spaces and two hidden compartments with various other carry features for arranging items great and small.

http://www.maxpedition.com/product/product_bp_falcon.htm

This again is in 'as new' condition £50 :D

Cheers.

Jack.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Shepherd said:
I'm not sure if it looks at all practical. I mean, if a zip breaks you can't carry anything (unlike the traditional tube shaped pack). Also it's side entry designe is for laying on your hotel bed to unpack not a muddy floor right?
Firstly, I wasn't intending it as a main pack. I have one of those already.
Secondly, I have an olive drab one which I use daily, but in what could loosley be called an urban setting and it is consequently loaded with street legal kit and day to day items, such as phone, Ipod, Palm, study books, notepaper, camera, drink and waterproofs etc. I have also attached some Maxpedition pouches via their Malice clips and have found them and the zips to be beyond fault and heavy duty in the extreme. The material is pretty substantial overall, along with the level of workmanship. I would personally doubt that the zips would ever let the sack down unless it was overloaded with bricks or lead weights. As for the unpacking, I find that having my kit organised in pockets and compartments means I dont chuck everything in the mud whilst looking for something else.
The "new" one is for short day trips and means I can kit it out slightly differently with tools for which I would have "reasonable excuse" for carrying, first aid,cooking and brew kit along with a kathmandu basha, water and so on.
The original one has become a constant companion and contains most of the stuff that I regularly shipped from desk to an assortment of pockets and bags.
I am sure the new one will fulfil the same role for short walks and forays and probably outlast me!
If there is a problem with Maxpedition, it is sourcing their kit and accessories in the UK without waiting weeks for it to come into stock and get delivered after you have parted with your hard earned cash. There is however a brilliant dealer in germany (free plug to the superb Stephan and Toolshop ) who are incredibly helpful and deliver within a week, with no added cost for shipping in the EU>

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
I use a similar back pack to carry my camera equipment from job to job but since our new state of damn paranoia in this country, (thanks to the sheeple being so easily led by the media,) if i am in London i use a shoulder bag and suffer.
People stare on the tube otherwise.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE