massive font in email notifications

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
yup same here, forum text is currently a mix of huge and so small you can barely read it, it'll work itself out

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
thumbs-up.png

Reactions: Billy-o and Stew

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Can see the problem with the website, there is a CSS rule

Code:
.node-extra { font-size: 11px; }

Deleting that fixes the small text issue, but guess it depends if it's change that happened via a XenForo update or some BCUK specific twiddling.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry people, it was a bunch of updates that we made that wiped the theme and all previous settings so we're gradually restoring them.

If anyone has any issues like font sizes etc then feel free to post about them so that we can have a look, it's always one of those things where I think we've caught everything but there's always something (or sometimes lots of things) that we've missed.

Thanks
T

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Very minor, but whilst you're fiddling, the icon in the tabs has changed from the bushcraft leaf.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
hey nigel, that on your phone browser? I've just looked at that and can't see what you see so some context would be great, thanks mate

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
my big font emails are coming into chrome Gmail (windows 10 desktop and android phone)Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
The menus when clicking on username are approx 3/4 font size they normally are. and ive lost the leaf favicon too.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Thanks. I tried tha aboveand saw no change in the BCUK site at all.

I don't see any email notices of new postings here in BCUK. That's fine, I really don't care. What bothers me is the BCUK website itself with the microscopic text font. It was happening for the first time when I checked into this site on Thursday AM my time (approx 1600UTC/GMT.)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks. I tried tha aboveand saw no change in the BCUK site at all.

I don't see any email notices of new postings here in BCUK. That's fine, I really don't care. What bothers me is the BCUK website itself with the microscopic text font. It was happening for the first time when I checked into this site on Thursday AM my time (approx 1600UTC/GMT.)

You won’t Bri, it’ll get sorted. Members who have email notifications switched so they get Gmail and click the link to the site from their email inbox are having problems, which isn’t surprising. Last thing I’d want is emails with links to be honest, I just use a browser with BCUK saved on it. Even then I log out and back in and type the address in from time to time.

I’m fairly sure the lads down in the engine room are working at it and some of the passengers are slightly unsettled. Those linking from Google products should be aware Google are gathering your data and selling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robson Valley

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
And here's the notification I received of new activity on this thread :-D (posted only in the hope it's of help, the chaps in the engine room deserve a beer)

Attachments

• 2021-10-25_07-00-28.png
    2021-10-25_07-00-28.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE