maps

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

I recently picked up a small map of Thetford forest on cycling trip.
It is only a basic map with roads and tree areas on, no contors or grid lines.
Each group of trees has a number on the map.
On the ground, at each intersection of paths you can see a tree in each group has a number painted on.
This is great for locating your exact position, as you just need to find where the next path crosses your path, and read the numbers on the trees, and Bobs your uncle.
I guess they are made to aid in the identifcation for the felling of trees.

Unfortuneatly, this cycle map only covers a small area of Thetford forest, and I would like one like this for the rest of the forest as well.
Anyone know where I might get one?

Thanks for the help.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/Website/...ForestThetfordForestParkHighLodgeForestCentre

CYCLING - 4 cycling routes, the green family route, blue route and the more challenging red and black routes. Cycle Hire is available on 01842 810090. A CYCLE MAP is available for £1 from High Lodge Forest Centre or from the Forest District Office at Santon Downham (Office hours only). The map can also be printed from the Cycle Route pages of this web site, see below.
Black Mountain Bike Route
Red Cycle Route
Blue Cycle Route
Green Cycle Route

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Thanks for the link Martink9.
That is the map I'm refering to, of High lodge and the cycleing routes.
Although it doesn't have contors or gid lines, it does have the numbers of EVERY group of trees, which even the 1:25 000 OS map doesn't show.

The thing I like about the cycle map is that no mater which cross roads you stand at, you only need check the numbers on the trees at the corners of group, and it's possable to tell exacly where you are. Hence wanting a map that has all the numbers of all the groups of trees.

What I'm really after, is a map of the whole of Thetford forest, that has all the tree numbers on, as the cycle map I have has only a small part of the forest on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE