Maps over Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
All good, I was just watching some youtube vids of summer camps in the Sarek yesterday, looks great, be sure to do a trip report and take plenty of pictures :) hopefully might see you again in Jan 2020 :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yep, Jokkmokk in Jan 2020, not a camp just a break in the winter wonderland :) Got a cabin booked at the Arctic campsite in Jokkmokk but not market time, way to busy.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Canada introduced plastic banknotes a few years ago. Very robust and legible. Often thought that some time people would start making maps out of the stuff. Is that the kind of paper you mean? :) Costlier, I'll bet, but better.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Australia was first with plastic bank notes.
Yes, very similar feel, but much thinner, and it folds well.

I bought a couple of Norwegian maps last year, and was hugely impressed. Really sharp print, good colour separation.
Not expensive maps either.
and the (thick glossy ) paper had a magnet closure.

Progress when it is best!

I have not tried this, but I do not know if that material catches a flame as well as the old paper maps.
In the past, I had to use bits of map as tinder in emergency situations.

I have not thought of that, but will try and see next time I go, in March next year!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE