maps of sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
afternoon all
we're off to Sweden next year and if like to have some maps of where we're going beforehand to peruse over.
anybody know where I can get some please

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
The swedish national geographical survey has some free downloadable ones here

Kartbutiken ("The map shop") link

No affiliation...

Where are you heading, btw?

Last edited:

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
When I was in Sweden I found the maps very good (equivalent to OS maps), but I had to get used to working with the 1:50,000 scale again, after being used to using 1:25,000 maps in the UK. This was despite the fact that I was taught to map read on 1:50,000 maps. The relative lack of detail requires a bit more intuition.

Cheers, Michael.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
we'll be canoeing so 1:50,000 is sufficient.it's just to see where we're heading and what's around us.I don't like going anywhere blind.I had maps sent over from a supplier in Stockholm.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
thanks guys.weve been putting maps to itenery.we'll be ending up on the island of storon.id like to meet locals as we may stay on an extra day when we get back to kloten.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Does anyone know if the Fagersta (Sweden) - Norstedts Outdoor map 67 covers all of the canoe accessible water of the Malingsbo - Kloten nature reserve?
I'm trying to figure out which maps we need for a trip September this year.

LtDansLegs

Aug 16, 2023
Lancashire
How Do
Off to Sweden next year to canoe the Daslands Lake district, wondering if anyone knew of anywhere selling maps of this region, rather than just online versions of maps?
Many thanks
LTDansLegs

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
How Do
Off to Sweden next year to canoe the Daslands Lake district, wondering if anyone knew of anywhere selling maps of this region, rather than just online versions of maps?
Many thanks
LTDansLegs

Out of stock, but this was the first place I looked.

I am afraid that shipping to UK is high, but that tends to be the way with paper topo maps for other countries.

When I have canoed Stora Le, we have flown in to Gothenburg, then taken a train to Ed. In Gothenburg there are Nature Company outdoor stores, which sell maps, and you can buy on line and arrange to collect in store, a short excursion while you wait for your train.

Best of luck

Chris

PS. My trips to the area were quite a while ago, but posted here:

Colinski

Jan 12, 2024
London
cheers.
we're going to the malingsbo kloten reserve.canoeing and camping for about 8 days
I used to live in Källan near to Källsjön, If you went upto the woods 15 years ago you would tree huts all over the woods, unfortuatly i see they chopped mot of the old forrest down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE