Manila Door Mat

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
557
285
85
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
I made this door mat from 3/4" manila rope 40 years ago as a present for my mother and father-in-law. My wife and I now have it and can't seem to wear it out. That is a very durable mat.
1hSHYdD.jpg
 
There's another paleo site, half a world away. They don't seem to comprehend the virtues and values
of HARD vegetable fiber.

Is it possible for you to share the weaving technique?
These things seem to rise and fall so easily in this day and time.
I am trying, for my own sake, to build an archive of these useful things.
 
These mats are certainly durable and ,unfortunately, dogs tend to be attracted to them when given the slightest chance.
I wouldn't like to make a replacement in 18mm manila,just too expensive.

Ceeg
 
There's another paleo site, half a world away. They don't seem to comprehend the virtues and values
of HARD vegetable fiber.

Is it possible for you to share the weaving technique?
These things seem to rise and fall so easily in this day and time.
I am trying, for my own sake, to build an archive of these useful things.
If you google "ocean plait mat" you will get many hits. This is one example
http://www.animatedknots.com/oceanplait/#ScrollPoint
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE