man bag?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well.....I dunno :bluThinki
Heres a pouch I've been working on for someone:
P8130002.jpg

its in reversed nubuck, with vintage, reclaimed thonging, artificial sinew and rivets holding it all together.
P8130007.jpg

I was a bit unsure at first, with the shaggyness of the flesh side out over but I quite like it now.
P8130004.jpg

I was asked to try to make something a bit less formal!:rolleyes:
I got a little carried away with the rivets but what the hey?
The lid looks a bit squiffy here but its actually nice and straight:p
P8130006.jpg

its nice and soft against the body but stiff enough to keep it's shape no trouble at all.
P8130009.jpg

I went with a veg tanned loop through the slot in the lid and a brass "d" ring for the final closure. Again I went to town with the rivets to fix the ring!

For once, it only took a couple of days to finish, mainly because of the thonging and riveting:D
I still need to dye the edges but thats it.
Anyway, I really enjoyed making this one and I may well knock up another, in heavy suede, to see what that comes out like.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment/advise/ask questions :swordfigh

All the best
R.B.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
seems like you have put a lot of work into this project, nice workmanship there mate but I'm not sure about the design, personally its a little loud for me but thats what makes us all different i guess.

again nice work mate.

Adam.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
seems like you have put a lot of work into this project, nice workmanship there mate but I'm not sure about the design, personally its a little loud for me but thats what makes us all different i guess.

again nice work mate.

Adam.

Thanks for that Dingo, it's supposed to be "pseudo viking":D
I ended up going with my standard pouch pattern and just adding mystery loops and rivets;)
I totally agree it is a little loud but it's gone down great guns with the "customer":)
anyway thanks again for taking the time to comment
cheers
R.B.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Looks like you've figured out a way to get it antiquated quite well. Has the viking look going for it, and will definately hold it's worth!

Nice work and original:D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I can see where it fits in now,if the buyer wanted a Viking look after seeing all types at the festival in Lanark.

Don't think you could have too many rivets in that case RB.

Nice work as usual.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE