Making the most of a nice day

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Went out today whilst the misses is home to look after the kids,FREEDOM! so decided to head down to the cliffs and chill out for a few hours,
With my brew site located i could have a mooch round whilst the water was heating,

out2daymk1002.jpg

On a close up you can see this made a great shelf plus it was out of the breeze.

out2daymk1001.jpg

Once set up i went for a walk to the sea edge and watched some of the dive boats dropping off and picking up divers.

out2daymk1003.jpg

out2daymk1005.jpg

it looks a bit dull from the above pics but it was a lovely warm day with clear blue skies,
out2daymk1010.jpg

Once id had my M.O.D hot chocolate, i went round somemore of the bays,

out2daymk1027.jpg

out2daymk1007.jpg

then, as the tide had come in and blocked off the way id come round it was back home the hard way, up the cliffs.

out2daymk1014.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks grand Andy, nice one fella.

The weather's supposed to take a turn tonight so it looks like you made a good choice.

Is that a new way out you've found ?

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Wow cann't remember the last blue sky day here, you certainly had better weather than overcast york's/lanc's. :( Wonder if being by the sea has something to do with it ?Do you check the tide tables before you go ? We used to live at Whitby over 25 years ago and bought them monthly from the coastguard office to plan our fossil or rag worm digging trips.Notice you use the Swiss volcano with the bottle then a stainless ? mug do you use the Swiss cup or only to keep the cork on ? I've gone the other way and cut the wires off the body and only use the mug for heating and a 58 pat. bottle for water.Great photos
cheers Danny

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Lucky guy! Great pics.I spent the fine day with a chain saw cutting logs for the winter. Now I'm so stiff I can hardly move!!:lmao:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Danny i always check the tide,and its not a problem getting the way i went blocked by the incoming tide,as i know and use the other route to leave, it also keeps the place quiet meaning i get it to my self, as for the using the bottle to brew with the swiss cooker i find it boils faster than the mug ,and for drinking the stainless cup is double walled so i dont burn my lips like if i used the mug that came with it,you need to wait till your drinks virtually cold before you can drink from it.Rich its not the same beach we camped on, its near Pettico wick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE