Making a Will

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, I think it really a good idea Fadcode!

As an Archaeologist I dislike the modern attitude to death; why not lurk in the garden and bother people forevermore??

No one I care about will get the property; Im not concerned over affect on value. (Though I do recognise it may happen).

Natural burial grounds are for wicker basket people. Maybe I should look into a nice hardwood coffin I can use as a coupboard? Build my own??

(Am really going to have to be careful on grave goods though, -Gold and silver has excellent preservation properties...but attracts tomb raiders.)

(Incidentaly I have never been able to find about how my faith would deal with this...)

Reactions: santaman2000

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm an archaeologist too, and I have the opposite view.

I want to be cremated and all that is physically me returned to the life cycle. Not preserved and trapped in slow anaerobic decay for decades and centuries.
There's too much of the world a graveyard as it is.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm an archaeologist too, and I have the opposite view.

I want to be cremated and all that is physically me returned to the life cycle. Not preserved and trapped in slow anaerobic decay for decades and centuries.
There's too much of the world a graveyard as it is.

100% with you on that Toddy; nobody's going to crawl over my remains in hundreds or thousands of years discussing my diet and tooth decay, bone fractures that were 'probably caused by violent conflict' (rugby) etc. ….

Reactions: Wildgoose

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
As an Archaeologist I dislike the modern attitude to death; why not lurk in the garden and bother people forevermore??

No one I care about will get the property; <snip >

Hmmm, This came to mind , :-

"“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” -Greek Proverb. "

But i guess it IS your property , your right and it will be your empty vessel.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE