making a snow smock smaller

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
iv got two swedish snow smocks (don’t mind ruining one, or two lol) and both are massive. im planning on unpicking the stitching, cutting them a bit smaller then sewing the pieces back together.

good idea? any pointers would be great:)

thanks
pete

pwb

Not sure Pete :),

Think John Fenna or Toddy would know though.
How about turning the smock inside out putting it on and getting someone to pin the seams to get the fit right before you cut. Probably have to take the pockets off first.
Interested in how you get on as I quite fancy having ago at one myself.

Cheers,
Pete.

Last edited:

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
after having a closer look at how the smock is put together i think i'l try Celt_Ginger's way first. it doesn't look as easy as i thought:eek:

thanks
pete

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Also; are you sure they are too small? With everything you are likely to ever wear underneath on, can you put it on and take it off easilly? For bonus points; can you pull your arms into the body (handy when you want to adjust clothing without exposing yourself to the wind). The latter is not essential to all people, but to me it is an important issue.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
Also; are you sure they are too small? With everything you are likely to ever wear underneath on, can you put it on and take it off easilly? For bonus points; can you pull your arms into the body (handy when you want to adjust clothing without exposing yourself to the wind). The latter is not essential to all people, but to me it is an important issue.

its nearly past my knees and my hands don't even come out the sleeves!:D lol

i haven’t tried shrinking it yet but i will see how it goes then may shorten it and the sleeves. im not worried about the width, easy to get it on and off and your probably right about using your hands inside it.

thanks guys
pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE