MADE IN BRITAIN

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes, I use my self a lot of material produced all over the world, and often nothing is wrong with it.
And especially for beginners I often recommend stuff that is produced somewhere in a cheaper producing country.

But I am interested, which bushcraft equipment is made in Britain.

Not only designed and constructed in Britain, or made by a factory which is owned by a Brit.

No, I would like to know which stuff is really MADE IN BRITAIN.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Not sure why the question is being asked; are we trying to be provocative?

Plenty of good knife makers.
Buffalo clothing (note that very, very few people source their fabric in the country of manufacture - not even Fjallraven)
Snugpack - again manufacture not materials
'Alpkit make technical clothing and equipment in their own UK factory'

Many of the well know European 'manufacturers' let alone UK actually sub-contract to China so everyone has to remain competitive.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Why should the question be provocative?

I simply don't know it and want to get the information.

Janne, I'm interested in everything produced in Britain that has something to do with bushcraft, trekking, canoeing, camping, hunting, fishing and so on.

If somebody has to by something somewhere to produce his product, it doesn't matter here.
May be the best patented filling comes from Austria or Switzerland, or the best thread from Antarctica. Why people shouldn't use it to make the best product they can?

I am interested, what is made in Britain.
So, if Snugpack buys the filling in Switzerland to produce a Special Forces sleeping bag in Britain, I would call it a British product.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Eley cartridges.

I think you should omit the ‘british ownership’ bit, that is imposdible to know. Most larger companies have a multi national owner base.

If that is OK, then the Landrover car manufacturing. Much bushcrafting can be made using one of their products.
Not sure how long they will continue in UK, production is moving out.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes, a watch can replace a compass.

A really good watch may survive, where a compass breaks. No question, that's bushcraft equipment, expedition equipment, survival stuff.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Janne, in my point of view a Land Rover is a british car, made by british people in Britain. It doesn't come from India.

And if a Dutch guy makes something in Britain, in a factory that is owned by an American, the product is MADE IN BRITAIN.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
No, not only the tone was misunderstood by Broch.
Janne, you misunderstood me regarding the ownership.

I ment : VW do Brasil doesn't produce German cars in my opinion, and Ford Germany doesn't produce American cars.

I'm not interested in the ownership of the machines and so on.

Let's say: Made on british ground.

If a monkey on a rock in Gibraltar hits a coconut down, that becomes a British cup, or two.
;0)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Knife makers?
Leather works?

The most interesting stuff often is made in a shed in a one man show.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE