Made a leather sheath for Morakniv classic 2/0

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kotteman

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2009
Östansjö Sweden
Since sheaths is not and haven't been Moraknivs strong point i made a new one for my new classic 2/0.
It's in the classic style wich keeps the simple elegance of the knife.
Veg-tan leather and linen tread with no liner. Molded around a last. The belt hanger is a copy of the old ones but sewn in place, not clamped.
d4310d22b5933062e68bfd3652d05c61.jpg
7206b8d5bbf69c8cb4e11b9425827548.jpg

It's a good design, not in the way but still secure. I made it a wee bit higher then the original so that the leather goes above the thickest part of the handle.
The negativa thing is that it can not be worn with a big rucksack that has a hipbelt. It's to high for that.
So on when money and time comes i will make a dangler with a D-ring that makes it lower and gives it the possibility to become a neck knife.
Will make a similar sheath for the bigger classic 2 this evening (coudn't Mora come up with better names then 2 and 2/0 for their remaining classic one might think). Pictures of that will come soon.

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Looks good to me: neat, tidy and effective. There was someone looking for a maker of sheaths for Mora's before...... :)

You could change it quite easily to a dangler using a large flat keyring (sold by Clas Ohlsson), and a flat (sewn) loop of leather. Put the loop of leather on your belt, and then use the keyring loop to thread the belt slots in the sheath and the leather loop together. That would also make it hang lower - better for rucksacks.

Mvh, Bob

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
You could change it quite easily to a dangler using a large flat keyring (sold by Clas Ohlsson), and a flat (sewn) loop of leather. Put the loop of leather on your belt, and then use the keyring loop to thread the belt slots in the sheath and the leather loop together.

I'm struggling to picture that. Could you explain it for the cerebrally challenged (me)?

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I'm struggling to picture that. Could you explain it for the cerebrally challenged (me)?

- Roll a rectangle of leather round into a loop for your belt, and sew the ends together. Either a butt or overlap joint. Make it larger than the belt, and maybe wet form it a bit to flatten against the belt sides.
Thread the loop onto your belt.
Thread the large keyring onto the loop, so it hangs below the belt.
Then thread the keyring into one, and out of the other hole at the upper end of the belt slots in the sheath.

So then you have your belt with the leather looped wrapped round it, keyring through the loop - parallel to the belt but below it. Then the keyring comes up through one belt slot of the sheath, and then back through the other. Then put the knife back in the sheath. It's an easy dangler conversion as you only have to make a simple belt loop. The knife in the sheath can revolve on the keyring back and forth as required.

Does that explain it?

PS just checked on the Clas Ohlson website - seems they dont list the keyring any more, but a quick google of "large flat keyring" will find some.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE