M39 Swedish Army rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
Up for swap is an M39 Swedish Army rucksack, produced, as its name suggests, from 1939 until around 1960. It’s a 35 litre canvas bag with one main compartment, closed with a leather drawstring and a storm flap. The bag features a lightweight metal support frame, painted in olive drab and a wonderful honey-coloured harness system made from saddle leather.

This bag has never seen service and must have been stored well to be in such remarkable condition after 50+ years.

I have used Neatsfoot oil on the leatherwork to keep it supple and nourished.

I have never used this rucksack owing to the fact that I am quite a big build and the frame is a little small for me around the lower back. It is lovely though and it is with regret that I am unable to use it, it would look great in the canoe :)

swedish-rucksack.jpg

dsc01818.jpg

Will swap for a similar rucksack that will fit me more comfortably or I am still after a Steel Crusader Cup, some leather bushcraft pouches, army basha, cast iron skillet or a dry barrel for the canoe? Will also consider other bits and pieces.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE