Lure fishing in French rivers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just looking for a bit of advice regarding chucking a spinner in a French river for a few hours.

Do they have similar laws to us, i.e. rod licenses and membership or day tickets ?

I fancy packing my little spinner rod for our hols next week but if there's paperwork to sort out I probably won't bother.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I think they do have similar laws to us, if you are anywhere near the soane they have some huge catfish.

You are likely to find either carp, trout, zander or catfish, so take some gear for fishing bread etc the carp will love that, spinibg for trout and zander, and the catfish well expect your arm pulled off

here is one

johncatfish.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is that your catch Johnny ?

I used to watch a fair bit of fishing on the telly a few years ago, one of the programmes they were using some pipes which attracted the fish when they were hitting against the water. Made a weird Rolf Harris kind of noise I think.

I don't think my little Shimano Exage rod will take one of those beauties, I reckon I'll keep my lures small :)

Regarding the licenses do you think I can pick one up in a post office over there ?

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Aye thats me, one of the little ones, we had 5.5 metric ton of fish that week, set a river record, but it has been beaten since, it was on the ebro in spain. Thats the same fish, its a wooden thing with a cup on the end called a clonk, we used the bait to make a similar noise.

The best place to try will be local fishing shop or corner shop, carte de peche or something along those lines. Not sure about a rod licence, i dont think you need one

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's it a clonk, made interesting viewing I remember. I think it might have been an old Matt Hayes episode or something.

Cheers for the heads up on the tickets

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE