Lowe Alpine Saracen Bergen

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
BERGEN NOW SOLD, THANK YOU.

I have a Lowe Alpine "Saracen" bergen that I do not need. It is brand new and unused. Colour is Woodland Camo as can be seen here...

http://www.lowealpine.com/Products/...uctGroupID=955&Position=2&SpecificActivityID=

This is a big pack but with the range of adjustment available on the straps and yoke it should fit just about anyone comfortably. It comes with the straps fiited to the side pockets in order to use them as a seperate day pack of about 20 litres.

I would like to sell this pack for £100 which includes postage to anywhere in the UK.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
I would be interested in that, if it's still available.

One question though, is it one of those packs that is designed to be worn with a millitary webbing belt?

Cheers

Ben

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi Ben, In answer to your question... I have no idea! *LOL* I believe that the pack was designed as a military pack initially, but have no idea whether it's meant to be worn with a webbing belt or other kit. It has more attachment points for straps, loops and like than I know what to do with, but these are all on what you might call the outside rather than on the body side of the pack.

... and yes, It's still available if you want it.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Thanks for the info :D

The reason I ask is that I recently bought a millitary type bergen but, because it was meant to be worn on top of a webbing belt with lots of pouches, it had precious little load bearing capacity at the waist. Result being a prodigious load lugger of a sack that gave me sore shoulders after a couple of hours :( .

However, this one looks as if it has a good waist support.

I will send you a private message with my contact details.

Cheers

Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE