Low mileage 4x4 insurance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The real trick to gaining cheap insurance is to go the classic route, as I did with my series landy. Unfortunately you need a vehicle at least 25 years old to get round the problem of not having a garage. It's a crazy world, I inadvertently left the window of my current Paj open overnight recently, there was stuff left carelessly on the seats and you could have taken anything, but nothing was. I think there is something very rotten in the insurance industry when I have seven years no claims but companies don't want my business.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Thanks for all the suggestions. A few I've tried in the past and know its not worth trying them where I currently live, but there's several more to try.

The best quote I've had so far is from Sureteam although I'm a bit puzzled by it. Ideally I'd like the car insured for on road parking but they quote well over twice the price they quote for the car parked on my drive. I'm a bit wary of quotes like that and as it's not much cheaper than other quotes I've had I might avoid it.

It looks like my main problem is my lack of no claims cover so I might consider getting a multicar policy removing the other named driver from my other car.

Rigel

Aug 6, 2010
maidenhead
Hey

My Delica L400 insurance increased from £350 to £600 (no accidents, points, nothing) Was not a happy bunny!!!
Since I am a L400 OCD type of person, I just forked out for it :/

G

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I looked at adrian flux to renew my ford ranger insurance. Direct line had quoted 1100 for a renewal. Ha ha ha! Flux wanted 750 ish. Went with NFU in the end, 650 quid.

Flux good, included green laning.
NFU didn't nor does it included 3rd party cover on other vehicles.

I don't green lane and I'm named on wife's policy so no hassle.

Jay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Might be a bit late now, but I too am in Surrey (near Gatwick) and have managed to get my Disco covered fully comp with no no-claims bonus for £200 a year by Peter Best insurance. We have limited mileage, 5K, and have it as a second car. This is the first year I've ever insured a car in my name, hence the lack on NCB. But we've used them for years on our Landies.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
We run a 35 year old, rather unique Citroen 2CV4 on agreed value insurance with Lancaster, 1,500 miles a year, value £6,000 and the cost is £107.00 this year. A few hoops to jump through such as photos and an independent valuation but well worth it.

would love to see a piccy of the 2CV :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE