Low Light Binoculars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Equipment

Jun 28, 2013
Hampshire
Hi Guys,

Joined this forum for some specific advice....I've looking to purchase a pair of low light - night time binoculars....

I was considering one of the Steiner NightHunter Extreme 8x56...is that the way to go? cos I don't know much about Binoculars...

Thanks for your help and advice.

Chasseur

May 16, 2010
Ireland
Hi I just saw this now. I have used Steiner Rangers since 2005. I cannot fault them. In terms of low light, I assume you are talking about dawn and dusk conditions. My rangers are 7 x50, I have used the 8x56 model in these but find them bulky in comparison to the 7x50. If you are using them for hunting or other rough stuff i would suggest just buying a pair of army surplus 7x50's or even 8x30's on ebay for 100-130 Euro, you won't go far wrong.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Check out Kaps. They are much cheaper than the leading European brand and in my experience are almost as good in terms of quality. My stalking buddy has a pair of 8x42, and they only cost about 400 and seem almost as good as the top euro binos costing 4 times as much. I'm saving up to buy a pair myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE