Lothians - Bushcraft Practice & Communal Living

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Some of you may know about my project, aptly named the "Oakenwise: Primitive Living Project". At first it was in my mind to plan to live a solitary lifestyle in the woods, quite similar to Thoreau, but I've been thinking about the possibility and the practical benefits of communal living, which led me to the realization that I don't know any like-minded people who are interested in Bushcraft, pre/ancient history, and the natural world itself. I have no one from which to learn or to share collected knowledge, and that's one of the main aspects of the project itself. I'm currently researching various living history communities, and I think something like that might be a good opportunity to meet people and, perhaps, some who are willing to help me in my project, but as of now I've no one to discuss and plan all of this apart from myself.

Is there anyone in the Lothians/Edinburgh that'd be willing to meet up for a day to practice Bushcraft skills? Or are there any planned meetings in the general area about which I should be aware? Again, I've not much experience meeting others who share common interests, so I'd be greatly appreciative if someone could help me out.

I live in East Lothian and, unfortunately, don't drive as of yet. Message me if you're interested.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE