Looking for Para-Cord ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy Quality Genuine 5mm Thick Green para-cord in 15mtr's or Longer,as I've just looked on bay and there not as cheap as I was looking for.
cheers

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
7.5mtr's didn't sound like much intil I just got the tape out,and it's longer than my tape.And that's longer than I'm going to need I think.
so I might get some hanks of this one.
cheers

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What will you use it for? Paracord is overused by many bushcrafters, used when there is simply no need whatsoever for that sort of cord.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
it's actually for a mate,I made him a survival kit on friday and told him I'd give him some cord,and when I looked in my bag of goodies I found I had none.
And yeah I'd agree that para-cord is over used,But I'd rather have it than ordinary string just incase I really did need that strength,And isn't that the point of most things,It's better tobe safe than sorry.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
In a survival kit your looking at lightweight duty, tent guyline, garden twine or even the 50m polypro garden line from the likes of Wilko will suit a survival kit better to be honest and takes up less space; have a re-think and let us know what you decide.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE