looking for extra thick and extra long veg tanned belt blanks...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
Hi All,

I have made a few belts out of blanks available on the evil bay. I am looking for an extra long (want it for a 42" waist with maybe 8-10" extra length) extra thick (3.5mm +) blank of about 35mm width.

I am happy to buy online (but have been un-succesful in finding them) or buy from a member, or trade for knife making stuff, or can make nice sheaths etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Chris

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Try Price Western Leather, of Minehead, Somerset. They have been making made to measure leather for decades.

I used to buy my holsters from them (when pistols were legal) and have ordered all of my leather belts from them for the past 16 years or so (I'm still using one that I got about 15 years ago, every day).

I recently got my uncle a belt, 1 3/4", suede lined leather, 46" waist (and the belts are sized to give holes 2" under and 2" over the stated size. The leather is nice and thick, it really is a nice experience, handling a brand new belt from PWL, the smell alone justifies it!

I get a military/ police discount, and the belt cost around £27, inluding delivery.

The belts are made to the width you want, and the length you want, suede lined or plain, black or brown.

If you just want the leather, they may be willing to sell the raw strap to you, should be cheaper and quicker than ordering a belt.

http://www.pwluk.com/index.php

To get your specific requirements, you'd be better giving them a phone call, but they have been good, in my experience over many years.

Hi All,

I have made a few belts out of blanks available on the evil bay. I am looking for an extra long (want it for a 42" waist with maybe 8-10" extra length) extra thick (3.5mm +) blank of about 35mm width.

I am happy to buy online (but have been un-succesful in finding them) or buy from a member, or trade for knife making stuff, or can make nice sheaths etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE