looking for a special knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
A quick heads up if you're looking for a special scandi knife. Robin has posted pictures of knives he's bough from Mik (Pennillion on BB) before. He's a little erratic in his sales so I thought I'd mention he's got a few for sale at the moment. They aren't cheap, but they are stunning. At the moment he just has this one posted on BB forum at £140
mammoth017.jpg

It's a laminated rawforge finish blade by Jorn Lund, handle by Mik is of mammoth ivory bolster, spacer and endcap, and one piece of solid mammoth bone. 2mm filed pewter spacers and two filed lines on the bone. He has a couple of others which will undoubtedly appear in maker's sales before too long too.

The other one worth a look is by a young lad from Finland who's only 19 and makes lovely knives with his 17 year old brother. He's got this one up for sale on BB forum for £120:
DSCN1309red.jpg

Forged carbon steel blade by Kay Wikström. The handle is made of African black wood and a beautiful piece of dyed curly birch. The knife comes in a nice leather scandi sheath.

I hasten to add I've no association with either seller, it's just work I admire.
Nicola

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
That just gave me a very nice idea for a scale, which I will try in a month or so. Until then, it's a secret.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I am a big admirer of both Mik and Nylund (and his btother) they make great knives.

Better than your average woodlore clone in my opinion:rant:

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Another vote here for Mik (Penillion)'s knives. I've admired them for a good few years now but unfortunately not been able to justify the spend. Having said that, they certainly are very good value for the quality you get.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE