Looking for a place that sells wool cloth near (ish) to me.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I want some light stuff for a summer tunic for work.

(Never mind she already has plenty to wear...Tengu has turned into a Fashionista...)

Any places selling such cloth in Scotland?

Ive looked online but I am fussy and would like to examine the cloth first.

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
There's Fabworks in Huddersfield. https://fabworks.co.uk/collections/wool-wool-blends/yorkshire?gad_source=1

I know it's online (unless you can travel to their millshop which isn't local fir you but still well worth a visit).

Their online pictures are excellent, they have fabric weight info and there is a load of the wool fabric which is made locally. I think they do samples by post too.

They are also really helpful on the phone, they are a proper fabric shop that went online to survive covid but which retains the good bits of a real shop.

I have quite a bit of fabric from them, the thing is tho with traditional wool you will need linen undergarments if you don't want to itch, so even thin wool might be too hot in summer. I made a nice tunic type shirt in some of their fabric:(I can post a pic if you want), part lined with linen to deal with the itch, and it's great until temp is over about 15 C. Quite water resistant tho so ideal for a chill summer evening in the North!

They also do a range of linens, ideal for summer.

GC

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maggie Stewart sells on eBay, as Maggies fab fabrics ? I'll find a link.

I bought good linen from her for a fiver a metre.

Usually re-enactors use Bernie the Bolt, Ann Laverick and Ali the Trader for linen and wools.

There's a very good shop in Glasgow, Fabric Bazaar, they have a wide range of stuff, but they're happy to talk, happy to send samples, and they have some lovely bargains. I have bought a lot of wool and linen from them over the years :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE