Looking for a particular knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm looking for a knife I used to own as a girl guide in the 1970s.
It had one blade and a marlin spike and was engraved with girl guides on the side. Colour silver.
I have found a few on line but most are old posts so have been sold.
Wondering if anyone has one for sale ? (or similar without the engraving of girl guides .)
This is for my vintage kit set up.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
They are still issued to the army (or at least they were a few years back). I had to do a weeks survival course on Bodmin Moor equipped with a particularly battered, blunt, and wobbly bladed example. That one wasn't engraved with the girl guides logo, but I recall that there were some Royal Marines on the same course, so theirs almost certainly were.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I had something similar whilst in Belize, possible the Aircrew version as it didn’t have the Marlin spike but a screwdriver like thing on one end, which I think was for pressing the room service button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I'm looking for a knife I used to own as a girl guide in the 1970s.
It had one blade and a marlin spike and was engraved with girl guides on the side. Colour silver.
I have found a few on line but most are old posts so have been sold.
Wondering if anyone has one for sale ? (or similar without the engraving of girl guides .)
This is for my vintage kit set up.
How vintage are you looking for? This is a army issue without the marlin spike from 1968
AA9736F9-8E81-4E79-BF60-211CA7BD0D64.jpeg

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Mine was given to me in the mid to late 1960s. I think it was second hand so no idea of the actual vintage. I had it on my gg uniform from about 1968 /72.
Just had a blade and a spike. No can opener. Don't think girl guides were supposed to want or need them!

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Mine was given to me in the mid to late 1960s. I think it was second hand so no idea of the actual vintage. I had it on my gg uniform from about 1968 /72.
Just had a blade and a spike. No can opener. Don't think girl guides were supposed to want or need them!
As a scout I would have had little interest in the can opener too!

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Guys.... Read the op again.... Single blade and a marlin spike.... It's not an army knife ! It's a mariners style knife.
I think the words girl guide on the side gave that away. I posted a knife of a similar era by way of discussion/comparison.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Guys.... Read the op again.... Single blade and a marlin spike.... It's not an army knife ! It's a mariners style knife.

Actually, the army knife from the inter-war and later period (the one with black scalloped scales) had exactly the same blades as my Scout knife - corkscrew (for some reason), can opener, marlin spike and single blade. My Dad's was still in his toolbox but it disappeared when he died :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE