Looking for a new rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Hi

What size bag are you after?

I'll be having a clear-out this week, and will prob be selling a Dutch Sting and Saracen (both DPM) and a Berghaus Centurio 30 plus side pockets....

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
Don't buy a pack without trying it on with weight in it. You'll have no idea how it works for your body.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
It depends on what size of pack your after and what you plan on doing with it. Recently i've been using a lowe alpine "air-zone" pack i bought second hand and i'm finding it very good and comfortable in the heat even with a fair bit of weight in it. If your looking for just a civvy pack i would recommend that. If your looking for a more traditional type of pack look at the berghaus centrino or munro.

Tonyu

Floki

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2016
Slovenia
I usually carry 12-18kg so i'm looking for a reasonable sized pack that i can also use in the winter (that can fit extra clothes in), the lowe alpine is a long pack right? How are you finding the long structure of the pack, can you put your sleeping bag/tent in horizontally? Because i've heard rumors that the long packs have a reputation of being a drag when you're putting things in and out?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Sting is now my only bag of that size, it's very comfortable, and adjustable for different back length. With the side pouches, it'll easily do a 3 nighter. Very well padded, including the waist straps. It's well thought out and so bombproof I usually allow gravity to help steep descents, ie, chuck it down. Tis quite heavy from the off though.

I'm down to just that and a Berghaus Munro now, in recovery as it were :)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
How much would the dutch sting or saracen run? and do you have any pics? :D

Hey

The Sting can be seen here....

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116795

The Saracen is in similar condition...I only have one set of side pouches but can sell with either bag. I have shown prices are with the pouches, but if you wanted one without I would knock £15 off....

Sting - £65
Saracen - £85

Both prices inc postage.

Last edited:

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I love my Exped Lightning 60 pack. Which I reviewed [thread=138101]here[/thread]. I an't recommend it highly enough. Not found a pack that transfers load better.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE