Looking for a new messenger bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 2, 2010
England
I'm looking for a new messenger bag, and was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on any. My criteria are...

• External bottle pockets which can also fit fatter bottles
  • Lots of admin pockets
  • Roomy main compartment and around 4-6" deep (not height-wise, the front-to-back measurement, if that makes sense. Enough room to fit a camera foam insert with camera gear in it)
  • A bag which can pass as an ordinary bag (i.e. not tactical covered in MOLLE with no option to conceal it)

Bonus:
  • If it has waterproof/water resistance then even better
  • If it's a flip-over type cover, then easy access to the main compartment without having to actually fully open it up would be nice

To give a little perspective, I have the 5.11 COVRT 18 backpack, which is near enough my absolutely perfect backpack, so I'm looking for the messenger version of that. I've had a look at the 5.11 Rush messenger bags and they're not quite what I'm after, if only for the fact that the design screams tactical.

My main contender right now is the Vertx EDC Courier. The only downsides I can think of are the water bottle pockets seem quite short, and I feel the front pouch bit which people say you can hold a helmet or whatever seems a bit of a waste, since it doesn't seem very convenient to use as a regular pocket and get to easily. Also I've read that the company restricts importing out of the US; I haven't tried buying one yet, but if I can't then that'd be a major downer.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
If you find them here or buy from the US, the Tom Bihn bags get excellent reviews and they're non-tacticool. Also check out blogs like The Bag Collector and Carryology, both great for bags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE