Looking for a mobile tea infuser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Nice one guys!
Some really good ideas there, will get a couple on order for some experimenting
Thanks again
Bill

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
We've been using these ones for years. I keep one for tea and one for coffee because it's fine enough to make real coffee with when out too :D It packs away inside my mug and takes a wee poly bag of tea inside it too.

http://www.nbtea.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=897&jssCart=84872097f13fbff0132430f3d3a59ecb

cheers,
M

I was brought up on earl grey and have become a slight tea snob because of it. Now I'm really thinking of buying that to replace the qt I've bought. I actually don't mind qt but I'd absolutely love a nice cup of earl grey. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like lapsang souchong or gunpowder for breakfast : ) though I sometimes just start a mug with one of the hand tieds and keep that going all morning. Jade rings were in the mug this morning though :)

cheers,
Toddy

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
There are loads on ebay. I have a steel mesh version and a plastic one. Cheap as chips-but u cant beat tea!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Same issue as the clamp one. Filling it's a footer, the fine tea comes through the mesh, and it's crushable in a pack.

Brewing in a mug means that the leaves don't get room to swell properly when further confined in most strainers and they don't settle the way they do in a pot.
I think that's why the mug shaped, and very fine meshed, strainer really does work so well. It's fits inside my mug, but has a greater volume to allow the tea leaves to soak and swell, to mask and give off their full flavour. It simply lifts out and a gentle tap removes the leaves for disposal.....unless using a multiple infusion leaf when the strainer can just be set down on it's wee cover.....which is another good thing :approve: It keeps the tea warm as it's masking.....I've minded the English.....when it's brewing :eek: (always sounds like beer to me :eek: )

atb,
M

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
I like lapsang souchong or gunpowder for breakfast : ) though I sometimes just start a mug with one of the hand tieds and keep that going all morning. Jade rings were in the mug this morning though :)

cheers,
Toddy

Sounds like someone is a tad addicted to tea! :D jokes! Lol.

Could be worse you could be addicted to cigarettes like me! :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE