Looking for a forged round bottomed cauldron

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The middle sons after a small, 5 or 6 pint forged iron cauldron for suspension over a fire, riveted construction would be nice but I doubt he could afford that.

if anyone knows of a supplier in the UK or has one they don't want anymore that I could refurb I'd be grateful to hear from you. I can find them at affordable prices on the continent but the postage is a killer.

atb

Tom

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Unfortunately he wants it to double up for his Anglo Saxon kit so cast iron won't do.

on that vague note if you recall I was after a copy of a Derby cast cooking pot for my own nefarious perposes, well the wife's just written to this lot to see how much their offerings are

http://www.historiccastings.co.uk/

atb

Tom

ahhh....

The original Darby's are out there.....try looking in peoples gardens where there are old houses! Knock on the door and buy it off them...wish I had with the 2' diameter one I saw

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Oh I keep a looking Red, the joy of being a house husband is I get to do a lot of wandering picking up kit, just never a Darby pot!, 3 sizes of wire rope splicing spike things, yes, a set of army issue caulking irons and ladle, yes, a set of numeric branding irons, yes, but something I'd actually use, not so much....

Great link Chas, thanks! We may do the gas canister thing one day, although I've me two sizes of Aussie camp ovens which pretty much are the same thing but the lads got the last of his xmas money burning a hole in his pocket and dont want to wait for me to get around to it!

ATB
Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks for the input folk, in the end herselffound a UK seller for. The one like

http://www.backtohistory.com/camp-f...e-fire-place/cauldron-cooking-pot-ca-25-l/927

wkth very reasonable postage. I'll sort him a chain with hooks and cut him some hazel for a tripod since there's a stand they coppice near the youngests school

it will do for part of his birthday as he blew the last of his Xmas money on a unopened issue Coleman stove, square mess tins to fit and issue Sigg fuel bottle. It was the last of the stove and tins but Platoon in Bury seamed to have most of a box of the litre fuel bottles left, £4.99 a pop.

atb

tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE