looking for a folding knife.. straight blade and wood cutter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
Since this forum seems to be sharpaholics anonymous I thought I'd try and pick your brains :cool:

I've been looking for a simple folder with two blades. One for simple cutting (plain, pref scandi grind) and one serrated for cutting wood.

Has anyone come across one?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
You could always buy two Opinels.
One with knife blade and one with saw.
'Twould be good value for money at any rate and not too heavy to carry.
Sharpaholics? Us? Surely you jest?
Cheers , Simon

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
spent years trying to find such a knife without much luck. Saw blade rather than serrated though as unless I'm cutting alot of rope I find serrated a bit of a waste of time

closest I could find was the schrade buzsaw trapper but I didn't pick onen up due to the locking saw blade and the 3.5" blade as its not legal to carry without good reason - stick sticking to my ALOX SAK at the moment

but if anyone has any other ideas i'll be all ears too

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
spent years trying to find such a knife without much luck. Saw blade rather than serrated though as unless I'm cutting alot of rope I find serrated a bit of a waste of time

Exactly what I meant, bad phrasing on my part. The shrade sounds promising, Im not worried about the locking part, it'd only be carried for trips.... google time :)

The problem with the sharpaholics is everyone cutting hairs on the entry criteria <thanks, Im here all week>

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
What about this?
Falcon1.jpg

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
It's the 2 bladed version of this
Looks like they don't do it any more - unless Boker and Falcon are linked. It looks very much like Silverback's one
http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Falcon-Knives/Angel-III/p-92-138-956/

Good shout Buckshot, a lot cheaper alternative than mine, the only thing of concern may be that Heinnie don't list the steel type in the specs, and that can be a bit like rolling a dice, as some of these Far Eastern manufactured blades can be a real waste of money as the steel just doesn't hold an edge due to poor heat-treat etc.,don't think that Boker and Falcon are linked but will stand corrected, i think that Bokers cheaper range of knives are branded as Boker Plus

Edit.....Just read the 1 review on this, don't think they will be selling many of those if everybody reads that, one unhappy customer!

Last edited:

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Have a look at this Wenger, I have one and I do know BR had/has one, 3.40 seconds into the vid.

[video=youtube;CLgvEAPyv3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLgvEAPyv3I[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE