Looking for a cup to nest a 1L Nalgene

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Has anybody found a metal cup big enough to sit a 1L Nalgene in ?

Internal diameter please if you've got it handy :bigok:

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
GSI Alpine Stainless Steel cup did fit - I remember reading somewhere they've made them a bit narrower though.

Alpkit ti mug fits

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Yes I have the Alpkit TI mug and it works fine. It's a bit loose as it comes, so wrap some duct tape around the bottom of the Nalgene bottle for a snug fit - handy emergency source of duct tape too

NS

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The Snow Peak Mini Solo Cookset fits, and adds a bit more versatility.

Snow%20Peak%20Mini%20Solo%20Cookset.jpg

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Shewie,
I have a Tatonka 500ml Stainless steel mug (with folding handles) which fits perfectly under a Nalgene 1 litre bottle. The internal diameter of the mug is approx 93mm. Probably a bit cheaper than Ti.

Hope this is of help.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Snow Peak Mini Solo Cookset fits, and adds a bit more versatility.

Snow%20Peak%20Mini%20Solo%20Cookset.jpg

Cheers H, I'll take a look.

Shewie,
I have a Tatonka 500ml Stainless steel mug (with folding handles) which fits perfectly under a Nalgene 1 litre bottle. The internal diameter of the mug is approx 93mm. Probably a bit cheaper than Ti.

Hope this is of help.

I think I was looking at those on the Tamarack site a few days ago, very tempted.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i have a titanium 750 ml with lid which i think i bought from lightweight gear or somthing the shop was called on the internet and i think it was made by vango but it fitted a treat hope this helps

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
:Dhow right you are and still the same price i paid ages ago for it hows that
i can say this has been a fantastic mug not wide enough to stir stuff propperly i think but that can be said for any mug the same size
:You_Rock_

That will be this one I think: http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product91.asp it actually says it fits the nalgene bottle :)

No connection, I've just heard good things for that website.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
The Ti mugs have gone up a lot in price in a couple of years. I think the one above is exactly the same design as the old Mytimug from Alpkit (I think newer ones have an all metal lid). They used to be £15.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I have the one from backpacking light.
It's made by Vargo

Great piece of kit.

It also fits in the bottle pocket of my Jumbo versipak which makes it even more versatile (....well to me anyway :bigok:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have the one from backpacking light.
It's made by Vargo

Great piece of kit.

It also fits in the bottle pocket of my Jumbo versipak which makes it even more versatile (....well to me anyway :bigok:)

Perfect mate, that's exactly what I want it for.

I'll get one ordered.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I use one of the american ones designed for it in SS about 500ml. There sometimes called space saver cups and found on the bay. Have to pay some postage mind but they combined mine as you can also get all the nalgene stuff too.

Cracking mug, and wilcos do a ss storage tin with a lid that fits the mug perfectly.

sdf234

Apr 18, 2009
Dixie
I have one of those cups Addo mentioned. They are called "Olicamp Space Saver Cups". They are made of stainless steel and have measuring marks on it. They will hold up to 16 ounces of liquid. The Nalgene bottles used to have BPA in them. The new ones do not and are virtually identical except they are just a hair bigger which results in a slightly tighter fit for the cup. But with either bottle they are a good match because they fit on the bottle firmly so you can pick the bottle up by the top and they won't fall off and they will not rattle around and make noise. The handles are a little flimsy and are removable if you want. The cups (or at least mine was) are manufactured in India. I have only found them in one store in my area but they are widely available on the internet.

They are also sized right so that you can use one on a partially opened Esbit cooker- but take care because the bottom of the cup is very smooth and could slide off if you don't put it on carefully.

I used to carry a US military canteen and cup in in my hiking pack everywhere I went but lately I have been carrying the Nalgene bottle and Olicamp cup since it is a bit lighter. If I am out walking I usually carry a Camelbak but I always carry the canteen or Nalgene bottle in case the Camelbak were to develop a leak. This could happen as result of a puncture, or a rubber o-ring wearing out -(that happened to me once on holiday so I carry an extra.). With the Nalgene bottle I have both a backup watter carrier and a watertight container to carry survival items.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE