Looking for a comfortable, durable boot after doc martens fail.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tallywhacker

Forager
Aug 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I have been using the (very expensive) synthetic 1460 doc martens boot, the vegan models (yea i know, i should go hug a tree). They where fairly good, although not the most durable or grippy soles for the price they made it through 2 years of constant use and abuse without even a mark on the uppers. It is the 'weld' of the sole that eventually split.

Any suggestion on a replacement?

I would prefer a similar style synthetic boot, but i will consider leather, i am not 'hard lined' sometimes practicality dictates.

Budget up to around £150 depending on quality, gotta be comfortable and durable and i would prefer a bit more boot for that kind of money than the docs.

Cheers

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I got my vegan docs re-soled by vegetarian shoes in Brighton, no trees were harmed or hugged... I also got a pair from freerangers... And Green shoes will do something veg or not...

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
If you are comfortable in DMs I believe they do a 'boot for life' scheme of some sort now, I have not looked into it myself and don't know exactly what is offered (or charged) but it may be worth looking at on their site.

D.B.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I use brahmas after a reccomendation from my dad for shooting. They're comfortable, waterproof and seem durable. Soles are great too. They replaced my le chameau boots at a fraction of the cost. You can have DMs resoled too. I get mine done for about £20

Last edited:

tallywhacker

Forager
Aug 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Ohh. My local cobbler wouldn't touch em, said he couldn't get the soles. Will have to look into that elsewhere, and the shoe for life thing. Cheers.

The brahma look a good boot for the money, but perhaps not the kind of thing that i can also wear while out in my semi-smart attire if you catch me. They are more of a work boot, looking for an all rounder.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Oh right I get what you mean. The Brahma are very much a work boot out in the country trudging through ploughed field boot. Same way I don't wear my DMs out. Barley stubble and DM soles don't mix

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Canadian-made Greb Kodiak. I had wonderful outdoor summer jobs while at university/u'grad days.
Comfortable boot. Durable. Waterproof. Soles never delaminated.
But it was rough work and rarely got more than a calendar year's wear out of any pair.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE