Looking for a Bark River...........

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Anyone got a Bark River Bravo or North Star they're looking to move on?? Lots to trade - GB axes, Bernie Garland Bushcraft Folder to name a few

Let me know

Cheers, Al

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would be very careful of the North Star - poorly designed blade with an absurdly, even dangerously short handle all wrapped up in a paper thin sheath. By all means buy what you want, but I do feel duty bound to point out the the North Star falls below Bark Rivers normally low standards.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Aww come on - they only do convex edges, the sheaths are made of paper and the handle scales regularly fall off. Its hard to be nice - and I do speak from personal experience.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Interesting comments.....always had a hankering to see what they were like. How about a Skookum then??? Or I'm open to suggestions - it's a Sunday remember:eek:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Interesting comments.....always had a hankering to see what they were like. How about a Skookum then??? Or I'm open to suggestions - it's a Sunday remember:eek:

Plenty of great knife makers on here - why not get one to make you exactly what you want?

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I have two Blackjack knives 125, model 4. Made by Bark river. Great knives, and both sheaths are amongst the best. i've come across.
Why not get Hillbill, to make you what you want, I've been after a Skookum for a while, I give up and i'm getting Hillbill to do me one.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
Aww come on - they only do convex edges, the sheaths are made of paper and the handle scales regularly fall off. Its hard to be nice - and I do speak from personal experience.

did you return it for repair? they have a very good warranty service.
don't like the blade profile? they will profile their knives to anything you want, if you ask them. look at their website. I asked them to remove the 'ramp' on my gunny. they did so for free.:)
I've owned/used my BRKT gunny for a few years now with no issues.
I skin game, and do other bushcraft tasks with it regularly. the A2 steel is good, blade is great and easy to sharpen, and the scales are perfect. but I really look after my knife; I clean it right after use, and don't abuse it(like all my tools).

after 2+ years, the only complaint I have with my gunny is the lousy sheath. IMO the knife doesn't sit in it right; the handle sticks out too far, IMO. but I bought it for the knife, not the sheath.
I will make my own custom sheath anyways.

if you're having problems with yours, I'd recommend that you send a few pics to BRKT and ask for warranty service.
I bet they repair it for nothing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE