Looking for a backpack -

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Thanks for all that advice folks! I don't think SHMBO will let me go for the "Where Eagles Dare" look, although I do like those older styles myself! :lmao:
I'm thinking I'll have a good look round at the outdoors show. After a couple of vitriollic e-mail to the organisers last year about how bad it was, they've sent me complimentary VIP tickets :)

Dave

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Folks,

I'm currently looking for a new backpack for hill walking welcome advice/opinions.
What I'm after is something in the 25-30 litre size range, lighter than my bomb-proof Karrimor Sabre 30 that I use for bushcraft, and preferably not mega-expensive (say, up to £50 tops) as it will most likely only see 10-20 days use per year.
Any suggestions?

Dave

I have done a fair bit of hill walking in the past and although they look nice, I would not go for a canvas and leather bag, they would soon get damp, and would weigh a lot, and you would need a waterproof liner.
I have nearly always gone for lowe alpine bags. They tend to fit me well and are comfortable on long hill walking days. You want a bag that is narrow to give you freedom of arm movement. My advice is to go into your local Blacks or whoever sells a good range of bags in your area and try some on to see (feel) what suits you. The staff in outdoorsy shops usually know there stuff and can be helpful..

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The canvas sheds water and I proofed the leather with Nikwax. No probs with rain! Saying that, I do still use a dry bag, but that is an old habit from my time in the Forces.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE