Looking for 4x4 offroad experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

AndyLea

Hi Everyone

I have decided to change my career path to that of teaching Bushcraft/Survival skills and I have been reliably informed that it would be a good idea and beneficial to any applications that I make to bushcraft school to have some experience in driving 4x4 vehicles offroad. At this moment in time I have no experience in driving 4x4 vehicles offroad.

My question is does anyone know a 4x4 drving school that I could approach that would teach me how to handle a 4x4 vehicle offroad in return for me volunteering my time to help the driving school run smoother or for me to help with courses in some way?

Any and all advice is most welcome.

Thanks everyone.

Andy

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
There are numerous of them up and down the country, look in the 4X4 mags, or do a bit of googling on the various forums to see what people have to say about them. I remember many years ago now spending a day in a forest somewhere up on deeside in a battered old landrover lightweight. It was even more battered by the time I had finished with it, I managed to crash it into a tree, as you do. There are also a lot of clubs who go off green laning, it might be worth joining one.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
Theres one at the 3sisters race track near wigan but dont know anyone there, how about green laning clubs, my mate is in the manchester landrover club but they tend to use their own cars, he is a member on here but would have to talk to him before i pass on his name.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Andy, if you have a job then keep it. A lot of people with great experience are suffering or indeed have gone bust trying to make a living out of 'bushcraft'. BCUK is well respected and still has courses cancelled because not enough people can afford to do them. Think very long and hard on what you do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE