Look any good to spend a night or two in?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NateJ

May 5, 2013
Sir Benfro
Come across this a few days back, It's been used at one point or another for it's resources ... I'm looking at the area with an interest to spend a night or two under a basha with a little camp set-up .... Any thoughts?
935093_258757097602792_1933649678_n.jpg

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Depends....is it a natural water run off area?

Is it near the bank of a river?

Are the trees on the edge of the recess stable?

Bottom line Nath, if you have a good look at it and it looks and feels like a safe place where you can happily camp without outstaying your welcome with the local wildlife..ie Badgers
And its not on private land / or you've gained permission to use it then it seems like an okay place :)
Now PM me and tell me where it is..lol (GR please!!)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Greg has covered a fair bit
Whatever the situation I would not wild camp there as it looks as if there has been recent vehicle access
However I bet you don't have to look far off the path nearby to find a lovely spot with more privacy
Depends entirely on the situation regarding permission and what you want to do
Water source ?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Also if it's in a "bowl" It'll become a natural cold sump at night and you'll freeze your preverbials off... If it's open to the downhill you'll be ok :D

NateJ

May 5, 2013
Sir Benfro
It's not far off a bridleway, with the local estuary as a water-source (I wouldn't drink from that though!) ... The area surrounding it is flood plains, but this itself is a safe area.

The edge-line on top is safe, or as safe as it could be with no evidence of any slips or accidental fallings - It has in the past been used as storage although there is no recent activity - This is one of three areas such as this along the shoreline.

If memory serves, it's part of the National Park (I've already e-mailed asking permission, waiting for a reply) but not far across the waterway is another areas that is nigh on untouched (Boulston ... Greg you know the one I mean!).

Not far around the corner is a few houses, with a lot of the land towards that direction privatised ... I've had the fortune (mis!) of meeting said owners and they aren't very friendly (apparently, I am not even allowed to take photographs in that direction!!).

P.s. Greg, I know you're thought's about Boulston being flooded during high tide, however I've been down there on a 7.8M tide and it's been fine ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE