Longest Night

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well its the Winter Solstice (longest night) today.

A time for reflecting and, in real terms, the start of a new year, the feeling that, from now on, each day will be a little longer and the dark a little shorter.

Its been quite a year here for us - and I know for some of you.

I hope your days too become just a little lighter, brighter and longer.

Have a great Christmas, Diwali and Hanukka ladies and gents and may the brighter days bring you enough to sustain your needs, and in the words of the late Dave Allen,

May your God go with you.

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We haven't see the Sun for days.
At least we've been fortunate and the dark has been rich with warmth and light and good company to enjoy :) but I am looking forward to longer lighter days.

It's the real turning of our year. May the new one be happy, healthy and prosperous for us all :D

:grouphug:
M

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yep I celebrate the fact that from now on the days get longer; it takes a while but I have optimism and the countdown begins for Sweden trip in April

Have a good Solstice folks

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Red, your posts are all about living with the world not against it. Now we are living with darkness in the knowledge that things will get lighter in the coming weeks.
Happy New Year to all.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I was born on the longest day of the year, Sankthans, [doesnt that make me some form of minor pagan deity in Scandinavia? :)]
I'd forgotten that Hugh, thanks for the reminder. And the very best of the season to you and yours.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
The most glorious sunrise this morning, gutted I didn't make it to any of the megalithic sites that were built for this day. A fabulous winters night and happy new year to all!

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
SorryBritish Red did not see your thread until I started new one. Happy Winter Solstace to all on BCUK. May the Goddess be with you all for the next year.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
It'll be a cold night followed by a bright morning, I plan to be somewhere high to watch the sun rise on a new year. Brighter happier days to all.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I thought tonight was the longest night? I hope so because it is dry here, and my take on a yule log is to burn all the old waste wood from the previous 12 months. Makes for an impressive fire and is the final act of the annual shed-tidy.

Bring on full dark. :)

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Once the darkness has fallen only the light to come. Have a happy Christmas and great new year to one and all, and may it be a lot drier next year.

40 days and 40 nights of rain and floods what do you think we are in biblical times :)

next of all you'll be all saying it is the end of world today or some such twaddle :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE