Long time lurker saying hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Evening all!

I have lurked for a good few years now on and off and felt I should take the plunge and join in the chatter!

Tree officer by day. Walking the dog, woodland brimbles, woodwork, shooting (shotgun and rifle), running bushcrafty and spoony type workshops fills the rest of my time :)eat

Thanks for a great forum guys and girls!

Stu

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Welcome aboard Stuey , good fun on here , i have one or two from your part of the world come down to Dartmoor to have a look, i worked in Bond Street for a year , cant say it was a nice experience , any way welcome ....

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
What's a tree officer?

Hi Ged :)

If I had a pound for every time im asked that question I could become a full time bushcrafter :D

I'm basically responsible for managing, surveying and inspecting a few thousand trees planted on Adopetd Highway land in the North of Bristol City. All of the councils trees are on a cyclic inpsection regime so get looked at every 2, 3 or 4 years depending on where they are, what species etc etc. SO they get looked at for safety and works raised to address any saftey issues or any issues caused by proximity to buildings or footpaths, road ways etc like headroom, deadwood etc.
So inspect, raise works specification for the contractor then check to ensure the works have been carried out to spec. Surveying is never ending and a bit like painting the Forth Road Bridge (except its not any more with the new paint!!) and continues year to year to year.
Like working outside.... hate the office bits..... :(

Clear as mud !? :D

Stu :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE