Long term foraging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I thought this might be worth posting. A few years ago I foraged a few plants, the rooted ends of a tayberry type plant that had been abandoned to die but from a plant that I knew produced some decent fruit. They are now happily growing in my fruit cage, away from the prying beaks of the local blackbirds and producing a good crop. Sometimes it's worth thinking long term.IMG_20240624_090247346~2.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do you have somewhere at home where they could ramble around ?

Happy to bag and post some. Usually my issue is keeping the wood pigeons off them :rolleyes:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thankee for the offer, i've got space, but nobody to look after them at present as im reliant on a carer at the moment and id hate to get them planted and then for them to wither in the heat.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Loganberries yum yum, just picked these from the garden for afternoon munchies, have a similar amount and some Blackcurrants in the fridge for evening munchies.
I'm not sure what plant mine are exactly but having tried a few tay, logan and boysen bought in plants I collected these cuttings as the plant seems more at home in our conditions. It's very vigorous and thorny, fruit could be a little sweeter but that could be the poor weather.

I also moved a wild sown blackcurrant into the cage, it only produced small fruit but is very early.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE