Long Day Out With My Oldest (Photo Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thanks for all the kind words all of you. I love this area this time of year. It was a great day out with Sarah. I had a blast watching her get into taking her photos and how she set up her shots. It was a lot of fun watching her try new things, and I was really proud of her for remembering how to start a fire under damp conditions.

The trees around here are Oaks (Reed, White, Sawtooth), Ash, Black Walnut, Hickory, Poplar, Locust, Maple, Elm, Willow, A couple of Birches but none with paper bark, Dogwood, Holly, Persimmon, Sumac, Sweet-gum, Sycamore, Cotton Wood, Hemlock (along the streams in the gorges), Pine ( Eastern White, Georgia, Virginia,...), Spruce, and Cedar that I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Yes, it is a Pentax K1000, I never got to use a 35mm like that, it has great optics. That one is one the school has loaned her for this part of the class.

Well...my mother was red headed, and I have a red beard, I wasn't at all surprised when Sarah had red hair. It matches her temper and I have no idea where she got that....

I think my machete is safe, she does like it better than my other one but she prefers smaller cutting tools.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I wasn't at all surprised when Sarah had red hair. It matches her temper and I have no idea where she got that....

I think my machete is safe, she does like it better than my other one but she prefers smaller cutting tools.

With Sarah for a daughter, I think you will needing to keep your shotgun handy rather than your machete fellah :)

Cherish the time - my baby is out in the world now.

Red

amazing pics, I just wish it was like that over here- thanks for sharing with us all! :D

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the post.

Hi resnikov, Ocoee is one common name for Passiflora incarnata.

Gordy

Ocoee is the name given to the plant by the indigenous people's of this valley. The English speaking world calls it passion fruit.

With Sarah for a daughter, I think you will needing to keep your shotgun handy rather than your machete fellah :)

Cherish the time - my baby is out in the world now.

Red

Oh, the scatter gun stays ready :) , but I've read somewhere how the Gurkhas were very good at employing similar tools making much less noise and drawing much less attention ;)

I am definitely enjoying all the time with her I can, I'm acutely aware of how soon she will be grown and gone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE