Long, cold walk home.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
why is it that light planes like this always crash? over here we had 3 or 4 light plane crash in sydney street hit power lines they say,all over a 3 year period but lucky your ok ^^

Jan 14, 2011
camden, NY, USA
A set of Tundra tires would sure help on soft field landings. I guess an engine teardown is in order after the quick engine stop. Glad your OK. From the looks of the landing I guess your fighter pilot days were with the Navy. We USAF folks used to say that Navy landings were all controlled crashes. Glad no harm came to you.

Jan 14, 2011
camden, NY, USA
Lycoming 0-360

Marines. You just insulted me. ;)

180 HP Lycoming must be a lot of fun and get off the ground in about a footbald field. I have seen some pros lock the brakes, power up, lift the aircraft to a levil position and pop the plane off the field in about 20 ft. Our flying in the Adarondacks has been restricted with most lakes closed to engines in any of the wilderness designated areas. My flying days are over but I can remember the days when about a dozen bush type operations were based on Adarondack lakes. Just 2 water based charters left.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Hey stud, glad you're OK!

You need me to send Gunny Ermey to work things through with you? :D
I reckon you will be on your buddy's "quarterdeck" paying for that one. How was the "pucker factor"?

Gordy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
IMG_1578.jpg

Its only a flesh wound :yikes:

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
180 HP Lycoming must be a lot of fun and get off the ground in about a footbald field....

With that plane light-loaded on a cold, breezy day I could take off in literally about a plane-length. Pick the tail up, release the brakes, and it was almost like a helicopter.

You need me to send Gunny Ermey to work things through with you? :D
I reckon you will be on your buddy's "quarterdeck" paying for that one. How was the "pucker factor"?

Paying for plane crashes makes me sad...

This is my third one, I'm sorta getting used to it. An F-4 a long time ago, as a passenger in a bushplane that cartwheeled a few years ago, and now this one. All during landings. My wife has requested that I stay out of the news for a while. Still waiting to see what the insurance will cover. The owner has been really good about everything, although I still feel awful. He knows I'll make him whole when we finally get all the numbers, but he wouldn't even let me give him a check in the meantime.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE