London Pub Meet 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nunzionuk

Wednesday 14th, 21st, 28th

Swallow: Yes, Yes, Yes
DavidJT: Yes, No, Possibly (Would know nearer the date)
Hemdale: No, Yes, Yes
Mesquite: Yes, No, No (annoyingly, I'm down to work the 21st and 28th :()
Nunzionuk: Maybe,Maybe,Maybe (if I am in london I will be there)

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
im good for any pub really

Mesquite: Yes, No, No (annoyingly, I'm down to work the 21st and 28th :(
monkey boy yes no no

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
im good for any pub really

Mesquite: Yes, No, No (annoyingly, I'm down to work the 21st and 28th :(
monkey boy yes no no

When and where are you guys meeting? I can do this Wed (tomorrow) or next Wed 14th after work. I work nr Cannon Street stn/Bank stn, so can do either London Bridge or Victoria.

I'll recognise Monkeyboy, but a marker would be great too.

14th is ON. We'll work on final pub choice over the next couple of days.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Try and have a look at the crack and glass if you get chance

I did it's the best of the ones I visited though it is as small as it looks in the picture and it's about 6-8 ft from the bar to the front of the building. If we run with it we have the option of decamping to The Phoenix which is 50 yards away if it gets too cramped.

We are not going to the Wetherspoons/Willow Walk. Two reviews I saw talked of fights and walking by those assertions seemed somehow very credible

http://www.chimes-of-pimlico.co.uk/ <-- that is a nice place, walkable from Victoria.

Damn. I didn't check this before going and I was about 50 yards away. The website shows it as a restaurant and talks about booking. Sounds like an interesting option have you been there?

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
http://www.chimes-of-pimlico.co.uk/ <-- that is a nice place, walkable from Victoria.

Yeah, been there a few times, they do mead :) always nice. Might be worth booking a table.

I personally quite like this idea, but I am concerned as to how it fits with original invitation especially as this one came together very quickly with a short time to doing it. Last time no-one ate at the pub (I probably should have)and some are on a tighter budget.

So I don't think it is fair to switch to this kind of setup (I'm assuming as it's a restaurant where you have to eat rather than quoff ale). At this short notice. At least not without buy in from everyone. Also based on Previous posts the earliest Monkey Boy is likely to get there is 8pm.

At this point it would be useful if Nunzionuk could provide more info on the setup and everyone else stated a preference for Cask and Glass V this place.

The George covered all these bases well.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Erm.. what info do you want?

Sorry it's been a long few weeks I could have been clearer about that. Is this just a straight restaurant where you need to book at table and eat but you can carry n drinking 'til closing. Or is it a kind of bar/restaurant where you don't have to eat but can just drink. We are likely to have people turning up at different times and possibly wanting different things. Sorry didn't intend to make it a hassle.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hi All

with monkey boy out our reason for Victoria is also out. Looking at everyone else's posts there's a recurring theme of Waterloo/London Bridge/Bank apart from Mesquite and Google gives his travel time to BOTH Victoria and London Bridge as 49min.

Does anyone have any objections to meeting at the George near London Bridge again? This will also give more time to scope out good locations for people coming from Southerly or Western directions?

George Details below.

http://www.pubs.com/main_site/pub_details.php?pub_id=92

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE