London Pub Meet 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Pub Meet 1 complete and went well.

Successes
We did it.
Pub choice worked well.
Having an outside space meant we could hear each other.
Already there are calls for the next one.

Failures
Recognition didn't work that well. (BCUK badges or similar markers might be better this time).
Didn't get a table next a patio heater.
If it had rained we wouldn't have not had the outside space.

Last one was on Thursday which ruled out Monkey-boy who was the first poster to the last thread. So he gets first call on date and location (but is restricted to Victoria, Waterloo or inside the circle line somewhere).

Take it away guys..

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hey guys, count me in !

Recognition, make sure we all have a knife attached to our belt !
What's the next date ? :You_Rock_

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Recognition, make sure we all have a knife attached to our belt !

Lol good luck with that!!!

A smaller pub would have been better as there were a lot of bars and a lot of rooms :) but good that it was only one way in and out - easier to see people coming and going!

Next time an A4 bushcraft logo for identification!

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
theres a weatherspoons outside victoria station, im good for wednesdays and weekend evenings how does that sound guys 

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
If its somewhere round Liverpool st/Bank then I will be up for it.

At the moment we think we will be alternating. This one is for the sou'westers. The nor'easters meet at the George nr London Bridge (so far).

Last edited:

hellobayo

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2012
Redhill
When and where are you guys meeting? I can do this Wed (tomorrow) or next Wed 14th after work. I work nr Cannon Street stn/Bank stn, so can do either London Bridge or Victoria.

I'll recognise Monkeyboy, but a marker would be great too.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
When and where are you guys meeting? I can do this Wed (tomorrow) or next Wed 14th after work. I work nr Cannon Street stn/Bank stn, so can do either London Bridge or Victoria.

I'll recognise Monkeyboy, but a marker would be great too.

Monkeyboy needs to set the date, though I think he was waiting for some others to pitch in with answers to his question about days first.

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
Hi Swallow,

The link is pointing to a group and the link of the group is pointing here.

Any dates / pub location in mind guys ? I'm pretty much available any day except Wed 14th and Sat 17h...

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Hi Swallow,

The link is pointing to a group and the link of the group is pointing here.

Yeah. I've taken a lead from the Suxxex group here. Anybody who knows about this thread or the previous one can join and subsribe to the group. What the Sussex guy have done in the past is to put a notice up on the group so that the regulars know there is a new meet on,and then they put a meetup thread on the General forum (I assume) so that new people outside the group can come accross it and join in. So the Group is for alerts for regulars that something is on, which can help if you are not on the Forum all the time.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
OK. No-one has picked up on Weekends so I'll pitch in with a Wednesdays proposal. I'll also try and take a look at what other pubs are in the immediate vicinity of Victoria. Add your availablity and repost the below. I'll stick a BCUK badge on a baseball cap and that can be starter for recognition.

Alternatively we could put a group buy in for a new design t-shirt
BCUK
The Wilderness Connection.

Wedneday 14th, 21st, 28th

Swallow: Yes, Yes, Yes

Don't know Victoria area much, but a quick search on BeerInTheEvening reveals the following pubs in the area with Real Ale...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml?l=victoria&ra=on&rating=5&search=search

(Obviously ignore the ones in Victoria Park!)

Never been there, but the Cask and Glass looks a good pick, although it's very small so might not get seats...

http://www.caskandglass.co.uk/

Anyone suggest another good one?

Wedneday 14th, 21st, 28th

DavidJT: Yes, No, Possibly (Would know nearer the date)

hemdale

Nomad
Jan 30, 2012
London
I'm ok with any of the pubs you might recommand.

Wednesday 14th, 21st, 28th

Hemdale: No, Yes, Yes

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wednesday 14th, 21st, 28th

Hemdale: No, Yes, Yes
Mesquite: Yes, No, No (annoyingly, I'm down to work the 21st and 28th :()

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE