Log carving

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Was out a walk along my local woodland walk this morning and was met with a pleasant surprise of a large carved log at one of the viewing points . Whoever carved the images on the log is a true craftsman and is a very welcome addition to the area .

PC040642.jpg

PC040643.jpg

PC040641.jpg

PC040645.jpg

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Looks like it may be a comisioned piece by a chainsaw carver, very nice indeed.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
That's brilliant, where is it at? There are quite a few bits of art like that in the Lakes, but they're all a few years old now.
Whilst I appreciate the efforts of the various landowners / trusts / commissions etc to commission new works of art that are accessible to the public in places that encourage them to get out into the countryside, many of them seem to think that once they have a piece of carved wood in a certain location, then that's it for twenty years.
What they don't seem to understand is that as an outdoor, organic piece of art changes in response to the material that it's made from and it's environment, it needs to be complemented by something else, whether it be an improvement to the locality since the original work was introduced or other works in the area that fit in with the landscape.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE