lock a thread to the top?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I just had a thought [I know that can be dangerous for me :)]

I usually browse the site by hitting the 'New posts' button to give a chronological list of recent posts. I have been wanting to keep my eye on a particular thread [or a number] of threads. I was wandering how easy / difficult it would be to implement something so I can 'lock' a particular thread to the top of the list when I hit the 'new post' button.

Is there a way to do this? - or is there a different way people keep track of perhaps older threads that interest them?

I hope I have explained myself well enough to be understood :)...

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hit subscribe to thread under the drop down list in thread tools at the top of the page in the grey bar, then when you log in check your subscribed threads under the quick links tab in the blue bar :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
yeah, Bopdude's got it right, the only way is to subscribe to the thread and that will keep you informed, the other thing you're talking about would be a site wide hack that we'd not do :D

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That's fair enough. I know very little about programming / websites so I can ask questions but have no idea on what has to happen to make it work :)

The subscribe thing will work for me - I just have to get into the habit of using it.

Thanks for the replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE