Loch Long

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A few pics from the weekend. Sunny loveliness between torrential downpours. Many midgies.
Project for the weekend was to catch up on some sleep but didn't get round to it so stoated around in a bit of a daze for most of the time.

LLong_JUL_01.jpg

LLong_JUL_02.jpg

LLong_JUL_03.jpg

LLong_JUL_04.jpg

LLong_JUL_05.jpg

:)
Josh

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Here's a few of my pics. Another great week-end guys :)

I think you describe the weather as "changeable" :)
P1020072.jpg

P1020071.jpg

P1020082.jpg

P1020078.jpg

Home sweet home
P1020074.jpg

Rich getting some puppy love :)
P1020086.jpg

Stephen doing some yoga :lmao: (sorry mate :) )
P1020081-1.jpg

Josh trying his newly made paddle and doing some fishing
P1020084.jpg

Man and dog taking in the view :)
P1020068.jpg

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Cracking looking trip again lads , i think u were lucky with the weather compared to what we got .

Gailainne

Life Member
It was a very good weekend, very much added to by the addition of Shewie, who's been missed since the emmm.....interesting trip to Loch Sween in March. BTW thats not yoga, thats how many ticks can you count on one leg!!!, Zen doesn't have a look in :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That was just what the doctor ordered, cheers for a nice chilled out weekend lads

A few piccies from me, I took loads but half of them are fogged out from the damp lens

I arrived an hour before Stephen so after checking out the old cove to see how much trash had been dumped lately I set off up the loch towards Arrochar
DSC02811P.jpg

DSC02812P.jpg

I found a nice little grassy ledge to land on whilst waiting for Stephen to catch up, I had a sneaky little fire, a couple of brews and lounged around in the sun for an hour
DSC02815P.jpg

DSC02814P.jpg

Then I spotted Stephen in the distance, he looked as though he was in for some bother with the giant giraffes but they left him be
DSC02820P.jpg

DSC02824P.jpg

After sharing a cold one in the sun we pushed up the loch to find a camp I knew about, we got the big tarp up and then kicked about. As the afternoon went on the wind picked up and big black clouds came scudding over, we weren't sure if Josh and Stu would bother joining us but a few hours later they appeared chugging up the loch. We spent the night crashed out under the tarp dodging the rain and squalls, we were all pretty knackered so it was early nights all round.
Saturday started wet but then cleared up, the sun came out and the rest of the day was gorgeous. More relaxing round camp followed and a couple of us even mustered up enough energy to go out for a paddle, I ended up laid down in the boat and just floating around in the current so didn't really count as a paddle.

Around camp
DSC02838P.jpg

DSC02840P.jpg

DSC02850P.jpg

DSC02837P.jpg

DSC02833P.jpg

My living arrangements for the weekend, no chance of coffee from the hammock in the morning, the midges seemed to be at home under the tarp
DSC02841P.jpg

Josh crashed out early doors last night :)
DSC02849P.jpg

A magic weekend and exactly what I needed

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
great pics gents.

stop over feeding Ciara please Stephen,I know it isn't Stuart or Josh to blame....

Or me...

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great Pics as usual Guys :)

Love the pic of pooch eyeing Rich's sandwich :lmao:

Glad you had another good one, thanks for posting.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That looks like the life guys, very jealous. I'll have to get a canoe and join you guys one day.
I like the pictues of the open fires on the shore, looks like a great weekend.

Jurassic

Dec 18, 2010
Helensburgh, Scotland
Glad you had a good trip, the weather turned out not bad after the catastrophic forecast I heard on Friday (fortunately that seemed to centre on some golfing nonsense in Kent.;) )

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Glad you had a good trip, the weather turned out not bad after the catastrophic forecast I heard on Friday (fortunately that seemed to centre on some golfing nonsense in Kent.;) )

Shame you couldn't join us mate, next time though

I tell you what, Stephen was off like a whippet on the way back on Sunday. One minute he was right next to me and the next time I looked he was offski

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Did kind of shoot off didn't he?
Pretty sure the tables have been turned on Ya Beauty.
....but the jib might just level the field.:p

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
2hp would do it. She'd likely break up with any more than....
Y'know I've no idea. Five - maybe more.
Would depend on the motor mount.
Probably a thought best not lingered over. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE