Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
Just got back from there. Dunno about the canoes, but you can coarse fish without a problem. You need a licence for salmon or trout though. Have a good trip!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I think there is a place near Balmaha that hires canoes but can't think of the name off hand. You can hire them from Balloch but that is for an hour a the time so not much good.

Tiso in Glasgow hire canoes for days at a time and your local canoe shop may do the same so that could be an option to.

Yeagh everyone is right on the canoe hire, because of the insurance costs I don't think canoes hire out overnight is available in many places however MK is right in saying that Tiso's (in Glasgow) do however be aware that Tiso hire canoes do not come with any flotation bags or safety equipment. :rolleyes:

As for fishing, it's hard fishing on the loch so you may go hungry if you are depending on fish for your food. A bit of advice I would give would be to be careful about fires. Loch Lomond, particulalry around the honeypots of the islands get hammered by visitors. Standing deadwood, fallen deadwood is getting hard to find in these places so I would bring your own if you could (charcoal is good). The last time I went we went around the old campsites and took the abandoned previously gathered wood that people had left.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE