loch lomond camping heatwave

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Just back yesterday from a nice wee chilled camping trip with some of the guys off the forum on the east side of Loch Lomond. JAG009 and i were the first ones up on friday evening, so as usual at this time of year it was a set up in the dark. A couple of hours later Gaz turned up complete with his entire wardrope and kit all thrown into every nook of his car, guess he didnt want to hang about any longer than he had too. next morning Gaz's newphews Davie and Will arrived and the camp expanded into a full size tent fest. Anyway had a great time as usual, only took a few pictures as i was blinded by the other drunks who obviously discovered their cameras had flashes on them. so enjoy the views of the camp and im sure the other budding david baileys will post their pics later.

Col.....

lochlomond9thjan2011015.jpg

Gaz looking happy at the prospect of turning 42 today, Happy birthday mate.

lochlomond9thjan2011010.jpg

Jason taking shelter from the strong Scottish sunlight under his trial tarp, his first attempt at putting up a poncho tarp, worked well all weekend in the snow, well done mate.

Gaz, Davie and Will enjoying some welcome heat by a roasting oak wood fire.

A view of the camp and shelters and Jason and Gaz discussing the best way to errect their zimmer frames.

A view of my set up for the weekend, notice the -40 sleeping bag sticking out of my Duluth bedroll, thought id change from the Hudson bay blanket i used the night before, a bit tooooo cold for me im afraid, but Jason did use it the next night with no problems, but as ive mentioned before Manservant isnt allowed to complain about the conditions.

Anyway i will be off for now, hope you enjoy the pics and im sure the other guys will be on later with better ones as they took about 3000 each. :35:

Col

javascript:void(0);

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
brilliant,...

so glad it wasnt just us that got out this weekend,....

been getting told i,m completely mad by workmates all morning ,....i nearly began to believe it (not really) but then seeing this sort of backs me up a bit...

hahaha cheers

Stu

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Sorry I couldn't make it guys.:sadwavey:

There'll be no good looking photos for the ladies seein' as i wasn't there then.:lmao:

Arrived on the Saturday before noon with my bro, Wully, meeting up with Gaz, Colin & Jason then we all had a cracking night, a few beers & plenty of laughs in front of blazing oak fire.
I had got a wee hammock at crimbo & was keen to try it out (despite the fact that I was a wee bit unsure of it) - first time I've ever used one & I was'nt to be disappointed - I had a rare sleep - I'm sure I could feel the trees moving when I shut my eyes - like I was floating - a weird feeling at first - (or was that the beer?? dunno? ) anyway what a cracking way to wake up - {although I suspect that using Colin's reigndeer skin as an under blanket might have made this possible as it was a bloody cold night & my back was still nice & toasty} - a peice of kit that's in my opinion, a hundred times more effective than it looks at first glance. It's always interesting to see other people's setups whilst also picking up new tricks & ideas.
2udxn9f.jpg
2vct3sz.jpg
d9yki.jpg
2lc2ngi.jpg
1znuaf4.jpg
2rmvcb8.jpg

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Cheers for the pics,took you long enough, still struggling with these damn photo uploads mate? I take it the scenic photos were taken on your 7am stroll, you got some good pics their mate, looks well worth getting up at that time for views like that, certainly beats the camp snoring ah.....

Col

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
think hes been kidnapped by some dodgy looking older geezer whos interested in young fresh good looking guys from an upmarket area of Glasgow, oh wait that would rule jason out wouldnt it....teee heee

Col

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Nice pics gaz,...

i did the same sunday morning mate,...bladder woke me up at sunrise,.,...

(tho not as nice scenery as yours ),...

Stu,..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE