Local Pub Meet (hants)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi guys,

I met up with some of the lads from the GBBG - Oxon, Berks and Hants group on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/841217559261688/) a few weeks ago at a local pub in Basingstoke, we will be having another meet soon so I thought I'd put up a post on here and see if anyone would like to join us or would like to arrange a day trip or wild camping trip.

if you'd like to join us please PM me here or join in on the post in the fb group or just reply here :)

thanks for reading

the site is inwood camping, i have been on the site and it is nice - i have also spoken to a guy that works on the estate that owns inwood camping so im hoping that all the work i have put in i may get some kind of discount - also im trying to get a group to come for a pub meet, did one a few weeks ago and only 2 of the 3 turned up due to ones son being ill - i feel it went well and the lads were a great laugh, if you'd like to come your more than welcome

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Sure, I'd be up for that. Was it the White Hart opposite the police station or a different pub this time ? Might be able to walk to that one if I'm feeling energetic !

Cheers, Paul

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Hi Connor, is that at Inwood campsite ?

If so, good luck with that ! See my post on here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132206

If it's somewhere else though I'd be interested, or perhaps you might catch the Inwood guy on a good day ! :)

Cheers, Paul
I know Mark and he did say they had a booking from a group of 'bushcrafters'. They paid for 2 pitches although there were 5 of them, 3 were just day visitors. All 5 stayed the night burning copious amounts of deadwood from the forest floor,before sneaking out early hours,without paying, leaving all their rubbish and a tarp still tied to the trees. I can understand their reluctance not to want more groups of 'bushcrafters' on the site.

Last edited:
I know Mark and he did say they had a booking from a group of 'bushcrafters'. They paid for 2 pitches although there were 5 of them, 3 were just day visitors. All 5 stayed the night burning copious amounts of deadwood from the forest floor,before sneaking out early hours,without paying, leaving all their rubbish and a tarp still tied to the trees. I can understand their reluctance not to want more groups of 'bushcrafters' on the site.

do you think you could possibly talk him into letting another group use the site with the promise to not leave any rubbish, and to pay?

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants

That probably explains the reaction I got from John then Sean ! Thought there must have been something behind it.

I'm local and happy to go along and chat to them too if it helps, but even if it does help the prices are pretty rich at £50 for a couple of nights.

Haven't met up with Connor or any of the other guys yet but hopefully will do one evening soon.

Cheers, Paul

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I'll try and drop in over the weekend Sean and see who's around and have a chat if I can, and see if we can build some more on Connor's hard work.

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE