Local place - hidden or well known but only just found by you!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not sure if this is in the right place but a week or so ago it was a nice evening after work I went off to go for a walk up a nearby hill I used to like but hadn't been up for about 2 years. I went to the place at the side of thee road where you can park and found there was nowhere for me to park. Being disappointed but not wanting to go straight home I suddenly thought about another place I haven't been to for probably 6 years or more which is actually nearer to me. I went there and took a small sack with a book and a water bottle as I had intended to walk to the top of the first hill and sit there reading in the sun and looking out over the wide view from the top. Anyway the place I ended up at had loads of little paths going off all over the place. I chose to head out to the top of the limestone cliff and quarry edges (there are a series of about 3 ledges as you walk along and go up).

Anyway I spent about 1.5 hours just walking around the paths not paying attention to where I was. It was really good fun walking along the cliff edges and through the woods and the areas that had been scrub cleared (and some trees too). I found neat piles of freshly cut wood too = my first carving project perhaps. Anyway I got totally lost on the approximate way back to my car as it was getting dark but it didn't bother me at all, I felt at home.

Anyway it is now my place to go when I don't have much time but want to get out to wander a bit or even just sit down and admire the view. I went up on a more recent sunny evening with a brew kit and made a coffee on my meths stove and just sat there with a book and some music on my phone (sorry but I was relaxing my way but did turn it right down when people passed by). It has probably one of the best views in the whole of the North Lancs / South Cumbria area and where I sat I had a perfect view of the sunsetting across the Bay.

I was wondering if anyone else has found there little haven on their doorstep. A place with varied terrain (woods, scrubland, limestone cliffs/pavements, shrubbed areas with open areas, etc in my spot) but is totally beautiful and right on your doorstep. In my case it was a place re-found which makes it doubly good IMHO.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Don't blame you. That's why I haven't named mine. Although what's your spot like?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE