Lixada wood gas stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Took delivery of a Lixada wood gas stove (solo stove type copy) so took it up the woods to test.
First impressions were good, looks well made lightweight with no sign of corners being cut.
Really easy to assemble and comes in 4 parts if you exlude the meths bowl that I ended up using to hold the fatwood shavings for starting the fire.
Loaded up with sticks and twigs along with a couple of cotton balls and away we went. Took about 5 mins to get a decent burn and another couple to get the gasification process underway. When this thing fires I have to say it worked fantastically, burned really clean and flames directed where I wanted them. Doesn't burn too hot so my food didn't get scorched to the bottom of the pan and only took 3-4 mins to bring enough water to a boil to fill a 58 pattern mug for a brew.
Feeding this thing was simple and no digits were melted in the process. At one point I let the flames die and added batoned wood to the embers and it took in no time at all.

Really impressed with it and for £12 delivered from amazon it's a bargain. I have the Lixada version of the toaks stove en route and will be doing a burnoff of the knockoffs.

Reactions: bopdude and Lou

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I bought a cheapo Chinese version, fed it with wood pellets and had something like 50 odd minutes of severe heat. Classy things they are once you got them burning top down

Reactions: bopdude

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
When I get the chance I want to try a kind of Swedish candle in mine, I want to see how long the burn is, if I get gasification and if it will heat food / bring water to the boil, of course finding the right log may be an issue :D

Reactions: Sundowner

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
When I get the chance I want to try a kind of Swedish candle in mine, I want to see how long the burn is, if I get gasification and if it will heat food / bring water to the boil, of course finding the right log may be an issue :D
Setting it alight from the top might be an issue.....:emoji_yum::emoji_yum::emoji_yum:

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I was thinking along the same lines, If it's packed tightly with large batoned wood you should get a similar effect without having to find a log of the right diameter to quater

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
There are some videos of a Swedish candle setup being burnt in one of the folding fireboxes. The setup burns really well so can't see why it won't work in your stove.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

5teep

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2017
Scotland
Great video, I've got one of those stoves myself (same as the budget one on wildstoves) and it works a treat. I'd be sacking your assistants though, far too cheeky, give the job to the dog instead. :)

Reactions: nobby8126

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE