Littlehall meet (Kent)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I'd be up for the 3rd Mike, I'd quite like a day swinging an axe about :)

Can we make an overnighter of it? It'd be much easier to wake up, have a bit of breakfast then get cracking rather than travel down for the day. I promise I won't over-sleep :eek:

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Can we make an overnighter of it? It'd be much easier to wake up, have a bit of breakfast then get cracking rather than travel down for the day. I promise I won't over-sleep :eek:

I don't see way not, I will ask Libby. Of course you won't sleep in (again) - your hammock will be tied between the 1st 2 trees to be felled :lmao:

Mike

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
... Of course you won't sleep in (again) - your hammock will be tied between the 1st 2 trees to be felled :lmao:

Mike

That's actually not a bad idea :lmao:

I'm sorry about my sleeping habits - it's just that I don't sleep very well at home for various reasons and I find it very easy to relax in the woods. :eek:

I'm quite looking forward to this actually. I'd like the chance to fell a small tree with my axe. It's tough going (I've done it before) but something I'd like to have the chance to do again.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
kin ell Nickg at last Mike has found a gap in your diary. That must be like picking the lottery numbers out:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: see you at the weekend.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Switch has no internet at the moment but will be there for Saturday and Sunday. See you all at the weekend:)

Yes I will, thanks Peter :)

If anyone fancies braving it on saturday night then I should be there for about 2/3ish.

By the way, I still don't have internet access (I'm at my dads at the mo) but I can be reached on my phone for those that have my number.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Next meet up booked 24th / 25th May

This is the 1st date available as the weekends get booked up in bluebell season.

All the usual will apply. I can only make it for Sunday but you can overnight in the wood.

Any takers?

Mike

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Hi guys :)

I finally got the internet back on friday but I've been having real problems getting on here. Apparantly I'm not the only one.

I'll be there for the 24th/25th, seems like ages since the last meet.

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
Sick us down as definite possibles for the Sunday please chaps.

Oh, and I'll bring some spring forageables with me if anyone fancies trying some. ;) :lmao:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I looked in a couple of the anthills earlier this year and they were empty - no life at all - I dont know if they hibernate or something.

Sorry to say I cant make it as usual but have fun

COTW if you still have some pyrites perhaps you could leave a piece in the woodpile and i could pick it up another time

Cheers
Nick

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I've still got a stash of it knocking about Nick, I'll try to remember to bring some bits along for you.

I'll do a harvest before we come down Switch, it'll be a mix of leaves and shoots probably stuff like mallow, ransomes, hairy bittercress, sea beet, sorrel, charlock, hop tops, sea purslane, orach, nettle... well, all manner of stuff really. Some you can try raw and some can be cooked. If I get lucky we might have some fungi too, I foraged a nice young Dryads Saddle a couple of days ago which was pretty good.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
I've still got a stash of it knocking about Nick, I'll try to remember to bring some bits along for you.

I'll do a harvest before we come down Switch, it'll be a mix of leaves and shoots probably stuff like mallow, ransomes, hairy bittercress, sea beet, sorrel, charlock, hop tops, sea purslane, orach, nettle... well, all manner of stuff really. Some you can try raw and some can be cooked. If I get lucky we might have some fungi too, I foraged a nice young Dryads Saddle a couple of days ago which was pretty good.

That all sounds good.

My expertise with wild food doesn't stretch that far so it'll be a good opportunity to learn a little.
I'm quite looking forward to it.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Hi Guys

Chatham-based. Can I come and play? Forgotten most of what I knew and have just ordered a Frost Mora, but willing to learn and don't mind getting my hands dirty.

Oscar

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Hi featherstick
You will of course be welcome

switch I don't know if bloodline & snake are overnighting

See you all on Sunday

Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE